Midwest Electric Members Donate to Local Causes
ST. MARYS – Midwest Electric recently donated $13,500 to 15 West Central Ohio charities and community projects through the Co-op’s Community Connection Fund.
Thanks to the 89% of members who round up their electric bill and donate to this fund, Midwest Electric has provided $1,257,244 to 1,049 local charities since 1998.
Recent grant recipients include:
* Willshire Museum Project, Van Wert County; $1,250 to prepare an air-conditioned area in the village office to store historical artifacts from the village and surrounding area.
* Anna Civic Association, Shelby County; $1,000 to build a wading pool at Anna Community Park.
* Rehabilitation Center for Neurological Development, Auglaize/Shelby Counties; $650 to purchase a portable plastic table for clients with sensory processing issues to use in the sensory garden while attending the center.
* New Knoxville Fire Association, Auglaize County; $1,000 to purchase new pagers for NKFD members.
*Auglaize County Crisis Center, Auglaize County; $1,500 to provide domestic violence services, 24-hour crisis response, safety planning, shelter and case management.
* Wapakoneta High School Post Prom, Auglaize County; $100 to rent equipment and purchase food and prizes for the Wapakoneta High School post-promo.
* Child Hunger Alliance, Allen County; $1,000 to provide year-round meals to children in need in the region.
* Allen County Sheriff’s Posse, Allen County; $2,200 to purchase necessary safety equipment for horses and assistants.
* Voice of Prosperity, Allen County; $500 to buy a laptop, printer and Wi-Fi booster.
* The Arc of Allen County, Allen County, $500 to purchase new LED lighting at Camp Robin Rogers.
* The MED Foundation of Mercer Health, Mercer County; $500 to purchase AEDs for the Mercer County Community Hospital Sleep Lab.
* VentureLINX, Mercer County; $300 to buy laptops.
* House of Hope, Mercer County; $1,000 to provide a faith-based sober living center for addiction recovery in the county.
* Marathon X: Kingdom Harvest Ministries, Mercer County; $1,000 to teach the Bible curriculum to students in off-campus area schools.
* Home Care Options, Mercer County; $1,000 to make improvements to their respite home in Celina.
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electricity bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the extra pennies deposited into the fund. A board of directors, made up of co-op members and separate from the Midwest Electric board, oversees the application and award process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric at 1-800-962-3830 or by visiting midwestrec.com/community-connection-fund.
Based in St. Marys, Midwest Electric is a customer-owned, not-for-profit electric cooperative serving 11,000 homes, farms and businesses in Allen, Auglaize, Mercer, Van Wert, Shelby, Putnam and Darke counties. . To learn more, visit www.midwestrec.com.